Duration: 6 days class
Number of students: ?
Location: Temecula, CA
In this six day workshop you will construct a beautiful Korean Traditional make-up/jewelry box while obtaining most of the fundamentals of woodworking. A special quality about Taeho’s classes is that he gives a significant amount of attention to each student, which will be emphasized even more for this particular class. Aside from Taeho’s usual classes, he has developed jigs specifically for this class to assist even those who are completely new to woodworking. But the skill involved is enough to attract interest from intermediate woodworkers as well for its unique joinery. Some of the joinery includes miter through mortise and tenon, miter offset mortise and tenon, inlay spline joint, half blind dovetail, and more.
What you’ll learn:
- Selecting the right wood for use
- How to properly utilize a wood’s grain
- Guide to milling the wood
- Marking and layout
- Safety and how to use woodworking machinery
- Lots of unique joinery including inlay
- Conquering the miter joint
- Finding the perfect proportion with the golden ratio
- And so much more…